COVID-19 Updates & Information
Marc 24, 2020
As the COVID-19 situation remains fluid, dynamic, and not yet predictable, we made the hard—but best for business and operations and the overall health and well-being of our staff and audience)—decision to push back the start of our entire performance series. By moving all of our May/June events to later in the calendar year, we are attempting to ensure that we are still able to have all of our advertised events in 2020. It is our hope that, by rescheduling this far in advance, we will avoid cancellations later due to an inability to coordinate new dates with nationally touring talent. We understand that this will cause potential inconvenience for ticketholders and will work with patrons who can no longer attend in issuing refunds. To read the a press release about this change, please click here. To see the updated listing of events, click here.
March 16, 2020
Governor Holcomb announced further steps to mitigate the spread and risk of COVID-19, one of which is that Indiana will adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as of March 15, 2020. The new update recommends postponing or canceling gatherings of 50 or more people for the next eight weeks. This now directly affects our May 16, 2020, opening night performance. We are actively working to reschedule the event for later in the season and will update all ticket holders with new date information as soon as possible.
March 13, 2020
In a proactive move to help Indiana and, ultimately, the nation slow the spread of COVID-19, Governor Eric Holcomb announced yesterday a series of recommendations and guidelines regarding non-essential gatherings (such as concerts, theatrical performances). The guidance recommends postponing or canceling gatherings of 250 people or more and is in effect for the next 30 days, unless it is extended at a later day. At the Lincoln Amphitheatre, our season’s first event is 64 days from today and we remain hopeful that it will take place as scheduled on Saturday, May 16. This situation is, clearly, a very fluid, dynamic, and ever-changing and evolving scenario and we remain hopeful that effort to mitigate the virus’ risk and spread will be successful over the next couple of months. However, as that May date gets closer, we will rely upon any further guidance from Governor Holcomb and the Indiana State Department of Health as it relates to the operations of, specifically, outdoor venues with expected crowds of 1,500 people. If, as we get closer to May, Governor Holcomb and/or the Indiana State Department of Health determine it to be in the public’s best interest that we postpone events in the name of public safety and health, we will take whatever steps are necessary to comply. Additionally, if postponement leads to an inability to reschedule an event and we have to cancel, we will develop a refund policy for ticket holders.
For additional information regarding Governor Holcomb’s Thursday announcement, CLICK HERE to review the Indiana State Department of Health’s “COVID-19 Guidance Document for Gatherings”.